We provide advice to our clients on the best way to resolve a dispute.
The court processes are costly (both financially and non-financially) and protracted – often the most strategic way in which to resolve a dispute is to avoid litigation altogether. Pragma supports this strategy wherever possible through informal negotiations and alternate dispute resolution. Notwithstanding, where it is necessary to commence or defend legal proceedings, Pragma will develop a strategy that is in accordance with our client’s goals. Please contact Pragma Legal for more information.
The areas where we accept instructions include:
- Building and Construction disputes;
- Claims of misleading or deceptive conduct;
- Debt recovery;
- Disputes arising from commercial contracts;
- Financial Services Claims;
- Property-based disputes;
- Bankruptcy proceedings and insolvency-related matters (including claims against directors of insolvent entities);
- Disputes arising from alleged infringement of intellectual property rights;
- Claims arising from alleged breaches of franchising and partnership agreements;
- Administrative and public law proceedings including judicial review, tribunal proceedings and disciplinary proceedings involving public bodies;
- Insurance-related disputes; and
- Claims of professional negligence.
We have experience in appearing on behalf of our clients in all jurisdictions: the Magistrates Court of Western Australia, the District Court of Western Australia, the Supreme Court of Western Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
We also provide commercial legal advice to our clients and prepare documents to benefit our clients like:
- Shareholder Agreements;
- Partnership Agreements; and
- Commercial and Retail Leases.